Brow Lift is a cosmetic surgery of choice for clients who wants to restore younger looking face and to get rid of the sad, tiring and angry appearance. This procedure can be a combined with face and neck lift and eyelid surgery. Clients who are seeking to have this procedure may have one or more of the following feelings or conditions that may indicate a need for brow lift:
- Clients with deep horizontal creases across the forehead.
- Clients with sagging or low eyebrow position.
- Clients who has a tired, sad and grumpy appearance.
- Clients with excess skin and fatty tissues hanging over the eyes.
- Clients with frown lines.
Fasting is required in any surgical procedure performed under general anesthesia. The client is advised not to eat or drink anything atleast 8 hours prior to surgery. If there is no fasting instruction given, the client must not take any food or drink from midnight before her scheduled surgery. Clients who do not comply this requirement may result to surgery being delayed or cancelled.
Please remember the following:
- NSAIDS drugs and Aspirin must be avoided for atleast 2 weeks prior to surgery. If you are taking Aspirin or any type of blood thinning medications for a medical condition, please notify your Plastic Surgery Thailand surgeon to give you a proper advice.
- Generally it is best to continue any blood pressure or blood sugar medications. These can be taken with a sip of water in the morning of surgery.
- Women should ensure negative pregnancy test before surgery.
- Smoking should be stopped atleast 3-4 weeks prior to surgery. If you have been smoking for long time, and you have difficulty quitting, cut back as much as possible.
- Drinking alcohol must be ceased a day or two before surgery.
- Do not wear makeup, jewelries and hair accessories containing metal such as hairpins or clips on the day of surgery.
- Nail polish and Acrylic Nails are not allowed and should be removed prior to surgery.
- If you develop an illness right before surgery, please notify your Plastic Surgery Thailand surgeon.
Our team will thorough evaluate your medical history to check for conditions that may delay the surgery or the healing process.
The procedure usually takes 2-3 hours and you are required to stay in hospital overnight. To achieve a maximum result, neck lift is usually performed at the same time with brow lift.
Stage 1 – Induction of Anesthesia: General anesthesia or intravenous sedation will be administered. If you are allergic to a certain type of anaesthesia, please notify your Anaesthesiologist right away.
Stage 2 – Surgical Incision: The incision starts at ear level and run across the forehead below the hairline and then back down the other side. Once the incision has been made, the excess tissue and skin will be trimmed off.
Stage 3 – Closing the incisions: The incision site will be stitched with fine suture with/or metal clips. Temporary drains may be placed by your Plastic Surgery Thailand surgeon prior to closing your incisions to prevent blood and fluid accumulation. These drains will be removed during a follow up visit after your surgery. A padded, supportive dressing is usually applied.
Waterproof plasters are placed over the incision sites. Clients are advised to keep them dry and clean at all times. If the plaster get wet or soak with body fluids or blood, please contact your Coordinator and ask for advice.
You will be provided with set of medications which includes antibiotics, pain killers, anti-inflammatory etc. Please follow the instruction on when to take your medications. Do not drink alcohol while you are on antibiotics.
The non-dissolvable stitches will be taken out on the 12th or 14th day post op. While dissolvable stitches takes time to disappear which is usually around 6 weeks.
What to expect following tummy tuck surgery:
- Swelling can be expected in any face procedures and this usually subsides in 3-4 months. Cutting back salt, proper hydration and light exercises such as walking can help to reduce swelling. If you experience sudden swelling in the days after your surgery, call your Coordinator.
- Bruises after brow lift are to be expected and this will improve over time. If you still have some discolorations after several months, notify your Plastic Surgery Thailand surgeon.
- All face procedures will leave a permanent scar behind. However the scar can be improved with the use of scar gels or scar creams.
- If any hair loss occurs (which is unlikely), the hair follicles go into a resting phase for 2- 4 months. The hair then begins to grow again in almost all cases. You may feel that your hairline has been pushed too far back. Do not be confused, over the next 4-6 months the hairline will drop back to its “normal” position.
- Strenuous activities, heavy lifting and cardio exercises should be avoided for atleast 6-8 weeks. Recommendation when to resume specific exercises and activities must be asked directly to your Plastic Surgery Thailand surgeon.
You should contact your Coordinator if you experience severe pain not relieve by medications, any unexpected symptoms, such as burning sensation or unusual swelling and high fever.